AMI – The Association of Marina Industries- is the international trade marine association for the marina industry. The Association of Marina Industries represents a diverse membership of over 900 marinas, boatyards, yacht clubs, public/private moorage basins, partner associations, and marine industry vendors and suppliers across the United States and around the world. AMI is an affiliate of the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA). AMI member marinas are among some of the most professionally run facilities in the world and they provide hundreds of thousands of recreational boaters a wide variety of goods and services each year. These services, ranging from boat repairs, fuel and oil sales, to food and lodging, allow recreational boating to continue to grow in popularity with sportsmen and women.
We annually capture information from our members in various categories to get a better picture of our membership. These numbers are averages based on our current membership registration and annual survey results.
Our marinas represent the following:
- 164,334 combined slips
- 4,888 full-time workers employed
- 3,040 part-time workers employed
- 172 are certified clean marinas
- 105 conduct new boat sales on their properties
- 171 conduct used boat sales on their properties
- 251 offer repair service
- 86 provide self service yards
- 14 have boatbuilding on-site
- 350 have pumpouts
- 76,353,774 gallons of fuel sold annually