How to Apply for CMM
- I have 5 years’ Full Charge Marina Management experience according to AMI’s definition. This means that during these years I have done all of the following:
- I have managed a marina operation with annual gross operating revenue (from the marina as well as all other related operations) of at least $1,000,000, OR managed a marina business with at least 100 boats in wet slips, moorings and/or dry rack storage slots.
- I have successfully completed both of the IMI pre-requisite courses, the Intermediate Marina Management (IMM) and Advanced marina management (AMM) Course
- I have spent at least 60% of my time in that position on: 1) Financial Planning, 2) Marketing & Customer Relations, and 3) Staff Administration.
- I have had full-time employment, in which I have supervised at least six employees.
- I can satisfy the Review Committee that my marina management experience passes the 26-point test. This means that I have performed a minimum of 18 of the required management function, out of 26 listed, during each qualifying period of marina management experience.
- I have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- I am a member of the Association of Marina Industries, either as the employee/owner of a Full Member of the association, or as an individual Associate Member.
- I am an active member of the marine trade association that covers my state, province, or region. If there is none, I can demonstrate active participation in another regional business league or similar organization.