Emotional Intelligence, Performance and Leadership Expert
Engaging and dynamic... you’d never know he is a math and computer guy!
Bill has a rare perspective – he has advanced degrees in Mathematics and Computer Science and has 25 years of real-world business experience as a senior leader. Bill is very authentic about the fact that he struggled early in his career as a leader when he was under pressure. He shares how he has been able to apply the very same techniques he teaches to become a better leader (and husband and father) himself. In addition to using his background in sales to motivate and inspire audiences, Bill leverages his Mathematics and technical background to take a practical and scientific approach to helping people understand how the brain responds under pressure, and how that can help increase leadership and performance. Bill is a partner at the Institute for Health and Human Potential (IHHP), a successful international research and training company, named one of the “Fastest Growing Companies” in the “Fast 100” ranking in PROFIT Magazine. Bill also contributed to the New York Times and Amazon bestselling book Performing Under Pressure, co-authored by IHHP’s JP Pawliw-Fry and noted psychologist Hendrie Weisinger.
The combination of Bill's practical nature and scientific approach to leadership make him a hit with analytical audiences. His high energy level and enthusiasm has resulted in a successful track record with discerning audiences that include surgeons, U.S Marines and NASA engineers
THE CALM PERSON IN THE BOAT: LEVERAGING EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE DURING COVID-19
The world and your people are facing not one virus, but two: Covid-19 and the virus of fear.
Fear can get in the way of our ability to think clearly, make good decisions and work effectively as a team. And yet this is exactly what we need to do right now to successfully navigate this crisis. Your team requires Emotional Intelligence based tools to manage their brains and behavior under pressure so they can remain calm and form the kind of response your organization needs today.
Specifically, your team will learn:
- Strategies to be the “calm person in the boat” who can deal with the uncertainty and fear rampant in today’s environment
- How to coach others who are at a distance and feeling overwhelmed emotionally by the change and challenges they are experiencing
- How to make difficult decisions and have difficult conversations
- Habits of individuals who perform at a high level under pressure
EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE: THE MISSING INGREDIENT IN BUILDING A HIGHLY ENGAGED CULTURE
Why would anyone want to be led by you? This is the single most important question a manager or leader needs to ask themselves if they want to unlock the potential and creativity of their people. The reason your employees get up in the morning and choose to be engaged and productive has nothing to do with a manager’s level of IQ or technical capabilities, it has everything to do with their manager’s level of Emotional Intelligence (EI).
The research is clear that Emotional Intelligence is the single most important driver of an engaged, results-driven, highly effective workforce, especially in environments that are undergoing significant change and disruption.
In this interactive keynote, your team will discover:
- What the brain does under pressure and specific tools to manage it more effectively.
- Self-awareness: understanding the impact your leadership style has on your people.
- Strategies to manage emotions when there is tension and conflict.
- How to win the hearts and minds of your people by connecting to the emotions that drive their behavior.
- Engaging stories from the frontlines of leaders who are stepping up and winning in the most challenging pressure-filled circumstances.