The goal of re-accreditation is to maintain a credible list of CMMs in good standing while supporting the CMM program and its graduates. This process would uphold the high levels of standards that are expected of those who have graduated from the program while supporting CMM graduates as they continue to grow and achieve higher levels of recognition globally. The re-accreditation process was developed by The International Marina Institute (IMI) Advisory Committee, representing the Association of Marina Industries (AMI), and was approved by the full AMI board. IMI is a subsidiary of the Association of Marina Industries.
Annual re-accreditation process:
To ensure an accurate and credible list of CMMs in good standing and encouraging continued professional development in the marina industry, CMMs are now required to complete the following on an annual basis:
- Complete the equivalent to 10 hours of marina-industry training annually. IMI will accept hours from most educational offerings such as training, workshops, conferences or post-secondary schooling. Attached, you will find additional details about the contact hour requirements and the tracking form for these hours.
- Submit a professional profile for posting on the CMM networking website. This can be done either by completing the form enclosed and faxing it back to the number indicated on the form or by obtaining the document by visiting the AMI web site, www.marinaassociation.org and e-mailing it to [email protected]. This information will be used to set up your personal profile on the CMM networking website. This site will hold your most recent professional information, while showcasing the CEUs, marina training, and projects you have achieved throughout the year.
- Payment of an annual re-accreditation fee.
- Maintain active AMI/ IMI (international) membership (either individual or through your marina)
The annual re-accreditation is an important step to ensuring that all of you who have reached the pinnacle of marina management continue to represent yourselves with the highest levels of professionalism. By showcasing your achievements and background, we can sustain the momentum and recognition that the CMM program and its graduates have received over the last few years.
How re-accreditation helps you.
Participating CMMs will have access to a number of new and exciting programs. These include:
- CMM Linked In page available to CMMs only! Discuss best profit ideas, wrangle with tough business decisions, and discover solutions to your common problems with your true peers. Click here to gain access to the CMM page on Linked In.
- Online CMM resource guide: available to the industry promoting CMMs as industry leaders. This guide will become the one-stop shop to find certified marina managers worldwide.
- Speakers Bureau: IMI is regularly asked to provide speakers to conferences and trade shows worldwide. Accredited CMMs will be added to our speaker's bureau list that is provided to individuals seeking talented marina professionals to speak on current topics in the industry.
- Mentor program: Help the next generation of CMMs by acting as a mentor to CMM applicants. This program, innovated in the UK and Australia links active CMMs with AMM graduates to help motivate, guide and encourage those graduates to become CMMs.
- New Marketing materials: IMI will continue to evolve new material to promote the value of CMMs to the marina industry and to other professional industries that seek qualified marina managers such as developers, insurance companies and lending institutions.