The Certified Marina Operator(CMO) certification is specifically designed for those who manage the daily operations of the marina but are not the full-charge facility manager (i.e. manager of marina operations, harbormaster, dockmaster, etc) or owners/operators of a small marina with at least 50 slips (wet and dry combined) OR at least $500,000 in gross revenues. Other prerequisites include:
- AMI membership, either directly or through your employer. Also, you must be actively engaged in at least one other marine- trade organization.
- Successful completion of IMI's Intermediate Marina Management (IMM) and Advanced Marina Management (AMM) programs are prerequisites for this certification.
- Three years minimum experience in marina management in a qualified national or international marina of a facility that has more than 50 slips (wet and dry combined) OR at least $500,000 in gross revenues.
- Applicant must meet 14 of 26 points as defined within pages 5-7 of the CMO application.
The CMO qualification process assesses the following real-world abilities:
- Supervise and manage people.
- Financial management.
- Sales and marketing management.
- Understand the regulatory obligations of the marina business.
- Successful bottom line management.
- Evidence of high character and ethics standards.
For more information, email [email protected] or call (401) 247-0314.