Clean & Resilient Marina Course
Launched in 2022, AMI Training Institute’s newest training opportunity, the Clean & Resilient Marina Course, aims to certify operators in clean and green marina practices and environmental regulatory compliance. It is the first step in your marina becoming an AMI Accredited Clean and Resilient Marina facility through AMI's Clean and Resilient Marina Program. The goal is to expand the number of marina operators who are recognized stewards of the environment and working to keep our waterways and shores pollution-free.Through a mix of classwork, activities, and a marina tour, all taught and run by industry experts, attendees will learn best management practices and build an understanding of the federal legal and permit requirements surrounding marina construction and operations. Course content includes:
- Sitting and design consideration for new and expanding marinas
- Marina maintenance, facilities, and habitat
- Stormwater management
- Vessel maintenance and repair
- Petroleum control and hazardous waste management
- Sewage and gray water management
- Waste reduction, disposal, recycling, and management
- Marina Management and Boater Education
- Aquatic invasive species education and management
- Increasing resilience – climate adaptation & sea level rise
In addition, once certified, Clean & Resilient Marina Professionals will be able to self-certify their facilities as AMI Clean & Resilient Marinas and be equipped to apply for and work towards certification in their state’s clean marina program.
For questions, please get in touch with AMI Staff at CleanMarina@MarinaAssociation.org.
Greg Klang, Owner, Marina Staff Training
September 25 - 27, 2023, Hyatt Place, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Find Course Agenda Here
January 29 & 30, 2024, Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
AMI certifies 15 new CRMPs at Moose Landing Marina, Naples, ME.
Instructor Tom Delotto leads a discussion on stormwater.