The Certified Marina Operator(CMO) certification is specifically designed for those who manage the daily operations of the marina but are not the full-charge facility manager (i.e. manager of marina operations, harbormaster, dockmaster, etc) or owners/operators of a small marina with at least 50 slips (wet and dry combined) OR at least $500,000 in gross revenues. Other prerequisites include:
The CMO qualification process assesses the following real-world abilities:
- Supervise and manage people.
- Financial management.
- Sales and marketing management.
- Understand the regulatory obligations of the marina business.
- Successful bottom line management.
- Evidence of high character and ethics standards.