March - Don't Let Your Company Go Up in Smoke: Testing for Opiods & Cannabis in the Workplace
Speakers: Robert Smith and Travis Vance (Fisher Phillips Safety Solutions)
What Employers Should Know. The legalization of some drugs such as marijuana at the state level provides a challenge for employers trying to follow federal regulations for worker safety. In addition to legalization, federal regulations related to drug testing procedures have also recently changed. In this session, attendees will learn:
- Should the company have a drug testing program?
- Should the company drug test pre-hire?
- Should the company test for marijuana pre-hire? What happens if you do?
- Can you test for alcohol pre-hire?
- Can you drug test after an accident?
- How can you prevent opioid use and addiction?
- Can you be sued if you do not test for marijuana?
- Can you be cited by OSHA for a deficient drug testing program?