Business Prep for COVID-19
As guidelines and mandates regarding COVID-19 are rapidly changing, the Association of Marina Industries (AMI) looks to be a resource for your business. Below are some sources of information for you to stay up-to-date with the changing situation. Not only is it important to put in place the proper protocols and protections to reduce risk to your employees’ and customers’ health and safety, but it’s prudent to put in place plans that help you recover. Below are a few guidelines.
View the latest on the COVID-19 stimulus package here
Suggested sources of information
- Guidance on marina and boatyard operations during COVID-19 - resource from Rhode Island
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Website
- CDC - Resources for Businesses and Employers
- OSHA guidance on preparing workplaces for COVID-19
- The Small Business Administration has resources to help your business plan and recover including experts who can guide you to resources that will help you recover
- Small Business Administration - Local Assistance Directory
- Fisher Phillips Safety Solutions has provided this resource to AMI members to support in planning and recovery; those resources can be found here
- Partner resource - AON Coronavirus resource - http://www.aon.com/coronavirus
- List of products for disinfecting bathrooms, work surfaces, and pumpout units
- CDC Environmental Cleaning recommendations - follow guidelines for cleaning marina facilities
How has your business been impacted?
Help AMI advocate for your business; please complete our COVID-19 business impacts survey. This will help us get your priorities to Congress as relief packages are being developed.
As your business works through the next few weeks, please document to the best of your ability, all direct losses in revenue. Also, when possible, any indirect impacts that you are having as a result of COVID-19 such as lost time, canceled orders, canceled appointments, etc. This information can be used in the future to explain and describe the impacts on your business.
AMI has been working with partners and LobbyIt to identify marina industry priorities in the various relief packages work through Congress. Below are letters sent to Congress and the Administration on your behalf.
Letter to CISA Director - asks to update CISA guidelines to include marinas as essential business
AMI Letter to Congress - outlines AMI's priorities for relief packages
AMI Letter to Rep. Wittman
ORR Letter to the President - outlines the broader outdoor recreation industry's executive branch priorities
Boating Industry Joint Letter - formed jointly by NMMA, MRAA, and AMI identifies major priorities essential to any relief packages
AMI - MRAA Joint Small Business Letter - formed jointly by AMI and MRAA this focuses on small business priorities
Learn More - Find our COVID-19 webinar library here
- Visit our partner's (MRAA) page on coronavirus resources for marine businesses for more resources
- NMMA COVID-19 resource page
- Outdoor Recreation Roundtable Resources
- National Federation of Independent Business Resources