TOWN OF LAKE PARK
A diverse, artistic, waterfront community with a population of 8,605 located in sunny Palm Beach County on the east coast of Florida is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Marina Director for its municipally owned 112-slip Lake Park Harbor Marina. The Town of Lake Park has a Commission/Manager form of government where the Town Manager works under the legislative direction of the Town Commission.
Under the direction of the Town Manager, the Marina Director is responsible for planning, directing, and supervising all Marina operations, activities, and employees. Incumbents in this position develop, write, and implement a comprehensive business plan for the operation of the Lake Park Harbor Marina and update this business plan on an annual basis. Attends meetings of the Town Commission and other meetings that may impact the functioning and the performance of the Marina. This position delegates duties and responsibilities to other employees of the Marina, as necessary. Must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and methods of the operation of a marina
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and methods of the operation of a business
- Knowledge of boating and seamanship functions
- Knowledge and understanding of standard office procedures
- Knowledge of DockMaster software
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Skill in presenting ideas clearly and concisely in verbal and written reports
- Skill in preparing and implementing budgets
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and supervise the work of other employees
- Ability to establish and maintain effective public relations
- Ability to develop long-range plans and to effectively present these plans to policy-making bodies
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports
- Ability to maintain and repair Marina facilities as necessary
Must also possess a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of five (5) years of related experience along with a valid Florida Driver’s License. Must obtain certification as a Marina Manager (CMM) within one year of date of hire by the Town.
This is an exempt level position.
Salary range $81,043.00 to $113,525.12. Excellent benefits. Deadline for Receipt of Applications: 5:00 p.m. ET on July 10, 2020. Applications may be obtained from and must be submitted directly to the Human Resources Department, Lake Park Town Hall, 535 Park Avenue, Lake Park, Florida 33403. All applicants shall be subject to a criminal background check. Application forms may be downloaded from the Town’s website at www.lakeparkflorida.gov. Applications will not be accepted by fax or by email. Phone: 561-881-3300. An Equal Opportunity Employer.