Marina Manager / Dock Master – Branford Yacht Club
The Branford Yacht Club, with 112 years of history and tradition, seeks an experienced and energetic individual to manage our marina and facilities in this growing market. This position is the first line of representation for Branford Yacht Club to members and the public and responsible for the daily operation of the marina, facilities and fuel operations.
In this role, you are a hands-on team leader, role model, and overall business manager. You’re a critical thinker who supports strategies and processes using a customer-centric mindset. Income producing activities are key to your role as you operate a clean, well maintained, attractive, and safe marina.
We will look to you to champion improvements, tackle problems, and demonstrate leadership. If you are an enthusiastic individual who thrives in a challenging, forward thinking, and fast-pace team environment, then this may be the job for you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall accountability for the operations of the club facilities and marina.
- Must have knowledge and hands on experience in hauling and launching vessels utilizing marina related equipment
• Must have a strong understanding of facilities management, preventive maintenance, and
• Ensure restrooms, common areas and grounds are maintained within acceptable standards and
provide additional training/guidance as required to staff and members. Ensure housekeeping standards are maintained and members are pleased with appearance of the property.
- Familiar with government regulations for management of a marina.
• Enforce Club’s marina rules as set by the governing body.
• Daily inspection tour of all docks and property in the Branford Yacht Club Marinas.
• Monitor and enforce security and safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe marina and
work environment. Reduce risk of accidents by monitoring property for safety violations and potential safety concerns.
- Monitor and maintain all fire suppression systems to ensure compliance with all applicable codes and ordinances.
- Work with local law enforcement agencies to develop effective relationships and cooperative partnerships.
- Responsible for responding to all operational emergencies and managing operations during crisis situations.
- Maintain effective OSHA compliance programs to comply with all applicable regulations.
- Ensure compliance with all hazard prevention and risk mitigation policies and programs to provide a safe work environment.
- Develop and maintain productive and open lines of communication with club members.
- Assist with marina assignments and mooring changes.
- Oversee the maintenance of all slips and stakes, dinghy docks and dinghy rack.
- Oversee facility repairs alongside staff and/or house committee.
- Manage temporary and transient slip assignments.
- Schedule and oversee the maintenance of all equipment including, but not limited to the following: travel lift, forklift, all mowers, as well as various outdoor power equipment.
• Schedule and oversee the maintenance of marina systems including fuel dispensers, pumps and accessories as well as Veeder Root system, fuel ordering, and pump out.
Skills necessary for success:
- Responsible for the sale and dispensing of all motor fuels, oil, water, and ice.
- Supervise and regulate the disposal of waste oil generated within the Branford Yacht Club Marinas.
- Submit contracts and RFP’s by following Branford Yacht Club operations policies and procedures to ensure successful completion of audits and to identify qualified vendors to service the assets.
- Identify appropriate resources/vendors and obtain bids for repairs and capital expenditures.
- Assist in the coordination of annual workday activities with the Chairman of the House Committee
- Actively participate in cost containment initiatives including utilities, contaminated wastewater removal, and other contracted services.
- Represent BYC at community events and professional organizations
- Ensure proper compliance with all HR policies.
- You are hands-on and will do what it takes to operate a safe, clean, and friendly Marina.
- You ensure all repairs are completed in a timely manner to minimize exposure to the Marina and its body.
- You naturally use independent judgment, critical thinking and prioritization to understand changing business needs.
- You possess the ability to identify areas of ambiguity and think strategically to make decisions within established policies and guidelines.
- You have management/supervisory experience and demonstrated leadership capacity, including the ability to mentor, influence and motivate others.
- You are an exceptional communicator with a passion for people with strong interpersonal skills and are comfortable working in a team-oriented environment. Building team relationships to increase performance, cohesion, and engagement is important to you.
- You are comfortable negotiating contracts and overseeing performance of independent contractors and vendors to ensure competency and efficient operation within budget.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills are strong for you and you can prioritize and manage multiple high-level projects with timelines.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Working a flexible schedule to accommodate business needs, including holidays, is no problem.
for additional information.