Director of Marina Operations
Responsible for the day to day management of the marina and pool operations. Oversee Marina and Pool Operations through developing systems and SOP’s that result in efficient performance of the staff. Provide leadership guidance to the employees that result in excellent service to the Members and guests. Skillfully apply the Club Rules and By-laws in a practical manner. Coordinate the maintenance and general upkeep of the property working collaboratively with the other members of management. The Director of Marina Operations will be proficient in project management, budgeted objectives, exceptional customer service, and operational management.
Oversee fueling procedures including:
- Manage day to day marina operations while strictly following safety protocols
- Assign slip spaces to Members and guests.
- Maintain a dock reservation/departure log as well as all wet and dry waitlists
- Coordinate with administration and provide periodic updates
- Keep Member slip files and annual contract updates
- Safely operate motorboats
- Inventory control/COG margins
- Safe operation of equipment and employee practices
- Environmental and preventative maintenance practices
Maintain and repair the docks and dock areas:
- Hiring, training, coaching and developing marina staff
- Ensure staff responds to radio calls and phone calls immediately during marina hours
- Provides exceptional customer service by greeting and assisting arriving boaters
- Provides assistance with guest registration and visiting boaters including a welcome packet
- Ensure dock, slips, lines, power cords etc. inspections several times per day
- Prepare to perform emergency duties in the event of fuel spills, hurricanes, fires, accidents or other disasters
- Coordinate maintenance activities and oversee projects performed by staff and outside vendors
- Maintain maintenance log of work performed by staff and outside vendors
- Activities include repairing of boards, piling caps, waste receptacles, dock carts, navigational signage, marina signage, electrical, etc.
- Inspect to make sure dock boxes are properly maintained by the owners
- Share the responsibilities of maintaining the Club-owned boats with the sailing director and sailing staff
- After review with the dock chair send correspondences to boat owners who are not maintaining their boats to club standards
- Make sure boat owners enforce the policy that all outside vendors will contact the Marina Director office prior to performing any work on Club property.
- Calculate and notify the accounting department of all monthly dockage, electric and other charges generated from the marina as well as report to all live aboard charges.
- Develop a marketing plan that includes strategies to increase revenues and dock usage without the use of transient dockage
- Utilize the PO systems for all purchases over $200 and for non-emergency repairs.
- Write weekly schedule for the Marina and Pool staff
- Submit payroll reports to Accounting weekly
- Be aware of Federal, State and Local regulatory guidelines as they relate to marina activities. Ensure that marina operations are compliant with applicable laws. Immediately inform the GM the Commodore and the Dock Committee Chair of an official visits, inquires, notices etc.
- Keep all dockage agreements current and ownership information current
- Work with the Sailing Director and Race Committee Chair to coordinate sailing events
- Assist with Club Special Events and fishing events as requested
- Manage lifeguard staff to ensure proper staffing levels and diligent safety procedures are followed while enforcing pool rules and keeping the grounds organize and clean.
- Work with and oversee pool maintenance with the intent to keep the pool in pristine condition.
- Work with the General Manager to keep the outside grounds in an attractive, healthy condition which includes irrigation, landscaping and decorative aspects of the outside grounds.
- Meet on a regular basis with the Docks Committee Chairperson.
- Keep the Chairperson informed of projects and general marina activities.
- Keep the General Manager informed of any requests or assignments by the Chairman.
- Attend the Dock Committee Meetings as required and assist with accurate meeting minutes.
- Attend the weekly Senior Staff Meetings
- Any other assignments as issued by the General Manager
- Currently the Club is preparing a Marina Project that will include South Dock Replacement and Seawall replacement. The Marina Director will be intricately involved in various aspects of the project including but not limited to maintaining a daily log, relocating Member vessels and attending construction meetings.
Director of Marina Operations
||Key Biscayne Yacht Club
||Key Biscayne, FL
|Posting Start Date:
Organized and Detail-Oriented
- Friendly and service-oriented personality with good interpersonal skills.
Ethics and Values
- Uses resources and time effectively. Supports superiors and colleagues at all times.
- Maintains values and integrity; humble, respectful, and honest.
Education and Certificates:
- Continually contributes to all colleagues’ success; maintains a positive attitude while at work.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required.
- Certified Marina Manager (CMO) or Certified Marina Operator (CMO) a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working as a Marina Director or Marina Manager in a private club environment
- Ability to understand Members’ needs and to deliver superior customer service.
- Ability to work long hours with a strong focus on operational excellence.
- Ability to understand the flow of service and handle multiple tasks effectively is preferred.
- Ability to handle telephone calls and written correspondence properly.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office.
- Knowledge of Scribble Software is a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate and use varying approaches with diverse personalities.
- Ability to communicate clearly with peers and superiors.
- Very good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Verbal and written communication skills in Spanish is preferred.
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment in a hot climate.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects up to 30 lbs frequently.
- Requires writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Ability to stand and/or walk long distances for an extended period of time, or for an entire work shift.
- Available to work late nights, weekends, holidays, and long hours as necessary.
||This listing expires on: 5/2/2021