An exciting opportunity to be a part of the rejuvenation of a unique property in Southern Maryland on the shores of Carthagena Creek at the St. Mary’s River. Dennis Point Marina and Campground is a 120 site/80 slip property with cabins, homes, a boat repair shop, an equipment barn, an office, travel lifts, a pool, and a restaurant. Willing to discuss the opportunity for housing onsite with the right candidate.
The Outboard Mechanic is responsible for the repair and service of marine outboard engines. This includes troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic issues. The Outboard Mechanic must also be able to complete preventative maintenance on engines and boat systems.
Preference is given to those with existing outboard customers.
In addition, the Outboard Mechanic may be responsible for installing new outboard engines, propellers, and other boat accessories. They must also follow manufacturer guidelines and safety procedures when performing all repairs and maintenance tasks.
The Outboard Mechanic must have strong technical skills and knowledge of outboard engines and boat systems. They must be able to read blueprints and schematics, use diagnostic tools and equipment, and have a good understanding of electrical and hydraulic systems.
Furthermore, the Outboard Mechanic must have strong problem-solving and communication skills. They must be able to communicate effectively with customers, other mechanics, and suppliers to ensure all repair and maintenance tasks are completed correctly and on time.
Overall, the Outboard Mechanic plays a critical role in ensuring the safe and reliable operation of marine outboard engines and boat systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repairs and services marine outboard engines, including troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic issues
- Completes preventative maintenance on engines and boat systems
- Keeps accurate records of work performed
- Adheres to company safety policies and procedures
- Conducts tests to ensure proper functioning of engines and boat systems
- Installs, repairs, and maintains marine electronics, such as GPS systems, fish finders, and radios
- Conducts regular inspections of boats, identifying any damage or necessary repairs
- Orders parts and supplies, maintaining inventory levels
- Provides helpful and informative customer service to boaters
- Keeps work area clean and organized
- Troubleshoots and repairs boats and boat trailers
- Performs other tasks as assigned by management.
- Proven experience as an Outboard Mechanic
- Possess thorough knowledge of marine outboard engine mechanics and repair
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and technical manuals
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong commitment to safety
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Technical training and certification in outboard engine repair preferred
- Familiarity with different brands and types of outboard engines
- Proficiency in using diagnostic software and tools
- Attention to detail and accuracy in completing repair work
- Physical ability to lift and move heavy equipment
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Willingness to work irregular hours and weekends when necessary
- Preference given to candidate with existing business
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter highlighting your qualifications and experience.