AMI – The Association of Marina Industries- is the international trade marine association for the marina industry. The Association of Marina Industries represents a diverse membership of over 1,000 marinas, boatyards, yacht clubs, public/private moorage basins, partner associations, and marine industry vendors and suppliers across the United States and around the world. AMI is an affiliate of the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA). AMI member marinas are among some of the most professionally run facilities in the world and they provide hundreds of thousands of recreational boaters a wide variety of goods and services each year. These services, ranging from boat repairs, fuel and oil sales, to food and lodging, allow recreational boating to continue to grow in popularity with sportsmen and women.
We annually capture information from our members in various categories to get a better picture of our membership. These numbers are averages based on our current membership registration and annual survey results.
Our members represent the following:
- Over 1000 businesses
- 78% are marina facilities
- 259,956 combined slips
- 17,418 full-time employees
- 8,617 part-time employees
- Over 1 Million boaters access water annually through our member marinas
- 470 have pumpouts
- 232 are located on inland rivers or lakes
- 410 offer boat repair service
- 233 conduct used boat sales on their properties
- 186 conduct new boat sales on their properties
- 40 have boat building on site
- They have sold 76,800,000 gallons of fuel annually